Description

"I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."
-Vincent Van Gogh

Top Image

People Help People

Posted on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013




"Art doesn't help people, people help people."

- herakut




I love that the Herakut duo has illustrated a child writing down this philosophy. If their message is that this is a basic human truth that we all need to remember, then I wholly agree. I think that, as artists we (generally) have certain abilities that allow us the freedom to work alone. Our job is to create things, CREATE things. Creation is obviously a powerful idea, and sometimes can powerfully drive the temptation to glorify our own works of art. We can easily become obsessed with the idea of uniqueness or technique and we lose sight of the generosity that artwork evokes. We may have single handedly created something but it's usually made to share, sell or give away. The truth is, just like everyone else (i know that statement alone turns off a lot of creatives), in some shape or another we service other human beings. I guess my point is, I need to stop treating my art as if it's going to define me, but rather view it as a gift that will help someone else. 


"May we be consumed with the creator of all things rather than with things created." 

-B. Charles Murphy




0 comments:

Post a Comment

mandasophia All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger